Tuesday, September 19, 2006
attention bshrm-2A......eyes here!
...let's refresh our knowledge in immune system......ok?
1. What part of the immune system is part of the body's defenses that target specific foreign invaders?
2. What are the effects of histamine?
3. Discuss the compliment system. How does it kill bacterial cells? How does it enhance antigen-antibody interactions? Does it attract phagocytes or increase the probability that a bacterial cell will be engulfed?
4. Where do B lymphocytes mature? Do B cells contain receptor molecules?
5. Discuss clonal selection. Discuss how specific antibodies are produced.
6. Discuss passive immunity and give an example.