Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Attention BSEd-3C (BioScience)!! 1st online Assignment in BSM 10
C: intermediate fibers
2. What is the name for an enzyme secreted in an inactive form?
3. What is the name of the process whereby prokaryotes divide?
A: binary fission
B: binary fusion
C: binary collision
D: binary occlusion
4. What is it called when a single zygote divides into 2 embryos, resulting in identical twins?
A: heterozygotic twins
B: monozygotic twins
C: polyzygotic twins
D: homozygotic twins
5. What is the name for the rhythmic movements of the involuntary muscles that move food through the body?
6. What is the name of the enzyme produced in the pancreas that hydrolyzes specific peptide bonds and converts chymotrypsinogen to chymotrypsin?
7. What is the name of the vein that transports glucose and other sugars that are absorbed in digestion to the liver?
A: renal vein
B: hepatic occludal vein
C: carotid vein
D: hepatic portal vein
8. What is a heterozygous organism?
A: an organism that carries one allele
B: an organism that carries two different alleles
C: an organism that carries no alleles
D: an organism that carries two identical alleles
9. What is the name for the existence of more than one phenotypic forms in a population?
10. What is another name for the evolution of a new species?
C: mass production